Sunday, January 11, 2009

Re-giftbagging

I gave two belated Christmas gifts recently where I used a gift bag instead of wrapping the presents. Both times, I gave the bag to the recipient and both times I left the recipient's house with the bag full of different stuff. The first time I got some clementines and a cute food calendar that my friend had not had time to wrap and the second time I got some pizzelles and a few bags of tea that I had just gifted to the second friend.

The weird thing is that I used the same bag both times! Now I'm wondering if they each wanted to recycle the gift bag or if they just wanted it out of their houses without the guilt of throwing it away. I thought it was kind of cute. It has a little girl with her eyes closed like she's wishing and the words "You Gotta Believe" on it.

I'm not sure where the bag originated. I didn't buy it but found it in the stack of gift bags I keep to recycle. My favorite thing to do is keep the original tag with my name on it and just change the "to" to "from."

No comments: