Saturday, January 24, 2009

Oscar's Wild

The Academy Award nominee announcements on Thursday made me sad because I've seen very few of the contenders. I wish I had an excuse like the movies aren't/weren't showing near me, but I live nearly walking distance from the Cedar Lee. I even have a Marquee Club membership, which gives me less of an excuse.
I've seen The Dark Knight, Changeling, Slumdog Millionaire, Bolt, Wall-E, Kung Fu Panda, Hellboy II, Iron Man, Wanted and In Bruges. Ooh, I've just realized that I've seen all the nominees for Sound Editing, Best Song and Best Animated Feature. Well, I'm sure to guess those right on February 22.
I'd like to see as many of the nominated movies as I can before the ceremony. I've always wanted to go to the Best Picture Showcase at AMC. Most years I've seen more than just one best picture nominee by the time they're announced so it's not worth it. If an AMC theatre near me is participating I might do it this year. One of my favorite movie theaters used to be an AMC but now it's a Regal. Before it was an AMC it was the Loews where I won the Ultimate Film Fan competition, which may or may not have something to do with the fact that it's one of my favorite movie theaters.

No comments: