Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Light and Power

I'm having issues with electricity. The batteries from my PC and digital camera aren't holding a charge for long. The camera ones have been a problem for longer than just recently. The computer just started losing juice. I guess I'll buy a replacement for the camera soon, but I'm not sure I need to buy a new battery for the computer since I almost always plug it in when I'm working on it. Speaking of batteries, I should replace the ones in my smoke detectors since I meant to change them when we got out of Daylight Savings Time.

The other problem is with light bulbs. The main light in my bathroom blew right before Christmas, and I didn't replace it since I don't have any compact fluorescent bulbs. The next to go was the secondary light in my bathroom, which I replaced with a regular joe light bulb immediately. Next came a bulb in my kitchen fixture, followed by one in my living room. Also, one light in my bedroom flickers. The last three are ceiling fan light bulbs that are kind of a pain to replace.

I wonder if all the static electricity in the house is contributing to the blowouts? I know I shock Nigel (or he shocks me) on a regular basis.

No comments: