Saturday, January 17, 2009

Mind on My Money

Today I went to the Brown Aveda Institute for a haircut. This was my second time there and my second fantastic experience. No surprise, I first went there because I heard it was a cheap place to get spa services, but I went back because it's such a great place. The first time I went, John cut and styled my hair and made it super curly. This time, Beth went the other direction and flat ironed it straight and silky. Usually, my hair falls somewhere between curly and straight so it's fun to see what a training professional can do with it. The end result of spending more than a few minutes on my hair is pretty incredible.

My favorite thing about Brown Aveda, besides the $13 price tag, is the extras that come with a cut and style. You get a scalp massage, hand massage, mini-facial and makeup touch-up for no additional cost. The only downside is that it takes at least 2-3 hours from start to finish. In my experience, it's been worth the time spent getting beautified, and I'd recommend Brown Aveda to anyone who's not in a hurry to get gorgeous.

No comments: