Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Belle of the Ball

My pal and I got all dolled up and went to an inauguration ball tonight at the Joseph Beth Bookstore. During the evening, we happened to sit with a Russian translator and the emcee. For a hot second, there was also a journalist, but he didn't stick around past the appetizers since he wasn't dressed for a gala. I was happy that I was recovered from my illness and able to eat normal food. As far as drinking, I stuck with club soda but had a glass of champagne as part of the toast to the new commander-in-chief.

It was mentioned (by the host or the emcee?) that the bookstore was an appropriate place since the President was first thrown into the limelight as an author. Fittingly, we got one of Obama's books in our goody bag. Overall it was a fun time. I'm not sure it was a ball, but I guess on Inauguration Day you can call any party a ball.

No comments: