Thursday, February 5, 2009

Who Turned Out the Lights?

My most recent electric bill was much higher than last year's January bill and more than December's bill. I've been really careless with leaving on lights and keeping things plugged in or turned on. I know some of it stems from being on the computer while watching television or falling asleep with the TV and/or computer on. I have to stop wasting electricity. For the planet. And because I don't want to pay that much money to the power company.

I wonder if my lava lamp uses less or more electricity than the overhead light? This high bill makes me think that the overhead ceiling fan in the living room with its four light bulbs must use a ton more electricity than the lamps I used before Christmas. That just gives me another reason not to like ceiling fans. I think they're kind of stupid.

I'm keeping this short to save on electricity.

No comments: