Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Curfew

I'm trying to work longer hours this week to make up for having yesterday off. In order to facilitate getting up earlier than usual, I've decided to give myself a bedtime of midnight. Since I'm obstinate, I hope to actually go upstairs to my bedroom by 12:30 AM.

I hate going to bed, by which I mean getting into my bed. I don't know why but I've been like that for at least 15 years. I'd rather fall asleep watching TV or reading on the couch than in my bed. It doesn't seem to matter whether I live alone or with other people or whether I have a television in my bedroom or not. It even doesn't matter if my bed is on the same floor as my living room.

What's worse is that it doesn't matter whether I'm tired or not. I fall asleep soon after my head hits the pillow regardless.

Even though I know better, sometimes I feel like you need to take a nap before you go to bed.

No comments: