Monday, February 2, 2009

What's on my Mantel?

I decided that I need to rotate the stuff I have on my mantel because I have a bunch of tchotchkes. The first display is the Actos Buddies. These are mascots of a drug used to treat diabetes. The buddies are anthropomorphic organs and cells. I think they're cute.



In the middle are pictures of people dressed up as the Actos Buddies, a snow globe and a magnetic puzzle. Not pictured are the muscle stress toy, light-up buddies pens and the buddies clipboard.


Buddies mugs: HDL-C, pancreas, triglyceride, muscle, kidney, stomach and liver.


Buddies plushes: liver, pancreas, HDL-C, triglyceride, stomach, kidney and muscle.

The buddies used to go by better names like Hungry Muscle and Tubby Triglyceride. I'm not sure when they dropped the adjectives. If you click on the Actos link above you can see and hear animated versions of the buddies. "Tri" sounds a little like Hulk Hogan, liver sounds like John Madden and pancreas has a bit of an attitude.

1 comment:

Lyu said...

Do you know where I can find the actos buddies now? I have my eye on that tri-gly!!