Thursday, February 19, 2009

Check Your Rear

This morning I was halfway to work when I noticed the roads were getting slick. Around the same time, the cars ahead of me slowed down. A minute later, the five or six cars ahead of me started switching lanes to go around an accident that must have just happened. A little car had rear-ended a van and was pretty banged up. It looked like the little car had gotten rear-ended too since the car behind it was stopped.

On Wednesday, I was stuck in stop-and-go traffic for at least ten minutes as I approached Cedar Hill. When I got to the bottom, there was a three-car accident just before the Rapid station. I'm not sure what happened there since the roads were clear and once I passed the accident, traffic was light.

Isn't this the point in winter when people know how to drive in the ever-changing conditions? Guess not. Better watch your caboose.

No comments: