Saturday, February 7, 2009

Let's Make a Deal

I have a problem with sales. I quite literally cannot pass up a deal. Now, I'm not as bad as those people you see who buy stuff that they will never use just because it's on sale or those crazy coupon people who will drive 130 miles to buy cereal they don't like because it's buy one get one free and they have a coupon for $2.00 off two boxes and the store offers double coupons so they actually made $.50 AND got two boxes of cereal they won't eat. Mine is more with cutting coupons and reading the weekly sales ads for stuff that I will use.

I get the Sunday paper and separate it into ads I'll read and those I won't. I might read the same ad twice or three times before I actually make it to the store. I usually go to the store on Saturday, which is the last day of sale. I don't always get to clip the coupons every week, but I give them a once over before I go to the store and cut just the ones I need.

The problem with shopping on Saturday is that other people get there first and it's often slim pickings. Of course the good thing about shopping on Saturday is that a new sale starts tomorrow so it's not too disappointing when something is out of stock because chances are it'll be on sale somewhere else soon.

I had a great shopping trip to Walgreen's today. The bottom of the receipt said this:

WAG Coupon Savings: 7.10
WAG Advertised Savings: 5.97
MFG Coupon Savings: 4.00
-------
Your Total Savings: 17.07

That means I saved 40% off my total bill!

No comments: