Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My Rec and Play

I listen to music almost constantly during the work day. My main source of music used to be my Launchcast station on Yahoo! music. Recently, the Launchcast Plus service, which allowed you to listen to your customized station without commercials, ended and was replaced with a service that plays commercials.

I've tried Pandora before, but I'm never happy with the obscure music choices. I haven't listened to it lately and might give it another try.

College radio stations are good since they stream online and are commercial free. I tried to listen to WLUC, but my work computer doesn't have the right media player. That's upsetting because WLUC has a Twitter feed that lists the songs played.

Today, I listened to WJCU, but I find that I'm really annoyed by the female voice that says, "The Heights" at regular intervals. Also, this crop of college kids seems to be enamoured with music from the 1960's, which I don't hate but don't prefer.

I listen to my iPod too, but there are so many songs that I'm used to hearing on my Launchcast station that I need to download and some songs that I need to delete that I get frustrated by the songs that pop up when I'm listening to my library on shuffle. And the playlists I've made get old after awhile

I think I'll try WBWC tomorrow.

No comments: