Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Card Carrying Member (almost)

Last week when I was driving to work in the snowstorm, I decided to put my time to good use and made what I knew would be a long phone call to an insurance company. About halfway through my drive, the task was complete, and I had signed up for health insurance. Or so I thought.

Today, I got an envelope in the mail about my insurance and expecting my card. No. What was inside was my application and a letter saying that this application had been sent to the underwriters for review.

As far as I knew, my insurance was supposed to kick in February 1. I tried to make a doctor's appointment today and was told my insurance was not valid and that I could only make an appointment if I went through the self-pay department. I'll be calling tomorrow to see just WTF is going on.

No comments: