Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tasked Baking

Clearly, I like to bake. Sometimes I bake for no reason. Sometimes I bake to use up ingredients. Mostly, I bake because it's someone's birthday or a holiday.

My oldest nephew has requested a birthday cake for when he turns 10 in a few weeks. This is nothing new since he has specifically requested his cakes for the last three years. First was chocolate double fudge cake, then was strawberry cake with chocolate frosting. This year he wants a chocolate cake with fudge inside and a strawberry icing/glaze. I think I might have a recipe to fit the bill in one of my many cookbooks. Of course, the previous recipes were found on the Internet and worked out fine.

I wish I could bake a cake for my middle nephew's first birthday, but since that's next week and he's out of state I don't think it'll happen. I'll bake him one next time I see him.

No comments: