Wednesday, April 1, 2009

no foolin'

I ordered pizza online for the first time today. I wasn't at home and was ordering with someone who hates Giovanni's (blasphemy, I know!) so we picked Marco's Pizza. I was always suspicious of the whole thing, but when I called the store to see if they delivered to the house and to place an order if they did, the conversation went something like this.

Dee: Do you deliver to ___
Marco's employee: Yes.
Dee: I'd like to place a delivery order, then.
M's ee: Could you hold?

2nd Marco's employee: Can I get your phone number?
Dee: 440-___-____
2nd ee: Name?
Dee: Lee
2nd ee: What?
Dee: Lee
2nd ee: What?
Dee: Lee, L as in Larry
2nd ee: Larry?
Dee: No. You know what? I'll try ordering online.

And I did! And it worked! By the way, if you're thinking about ordering from Marco's you should totally get the cheesy bread.

No comments: