Monday, April 6, 2009

Caught in the Game

Last night I watched the weather forecast for the week and as a result, I spent all day worrying about snow. It was raining when I left my house this morning, and the rain became snow around 11 AM. It was a wintry mix of the two for the rest of the day. Overall it wasn't bad, but since I wasn't at my house I kept thinking about my drive home.

I was determined to be on the road by 8 PM and actually made it to my car at 8:45. The usual 45 minute drive took about 10 minutes longer. I saw only one accident on my way, but it was a doozy. A car had spun around and was facing the wrong way and was smashed against the meridian. A fire truck, at least one ambulance and two police cars were on the scene.

I have a feeling I'm going to be housebound Tuesday. They were predicting lots of snow, but so far there is only an inch or so on the ground.

No comments: