Monday, April 20, 2009

Changing of the Guard

A very long time ago, I was shopping at Discount Drug Mart with at least one of my sisters and we came upon the cutest coupon holder in the world. The thing has been slowly falling apart for the last few years, but I refused to part with it.

I'm sorry to report that I've just replaced it with a coupon holder that I got for free when I donated blood at last week's Bloodsucker's Buffet. I threw away the plastic covering and recycled the paper inserts, but I kept the picture of the anthropomorphic fruits and vegetables that made it so special.

See how it says 'coupons' on the right side? And the slightly racial onion? The eggplant with the birthday cake? Miss Grape? The artistic apple? I'll miss you guys!


Bland, blue, boring and with ads on the reverse. I might sew some patches or appliques on it to jazz it up. My shopping experience will never be the same.

No comments: