Saturday, September 12, 2009

Worn Out

I was watching Ugly Betty on Thursday night when my DVD player started going on the fritz. First, the disc froze and the blue lights on the front of the player started flashing in a disturbing way. I took out the disc and cleaned it, even though I had just cleaned it before popping it in the player. I turned off the player and unplugged it to see if that would help. When I was unplugging the machine, I swear I smelled bacon. That's never a good sign around electronics.

I turned the DVD player back on and loaded the same disc, but the player couldn't read the disc. I tried another one and it couldn't be read. I unplugged the player and let it rest.

I tried again yesterday and tonight, but the player is definitely dead. When I plugged it in, the front lights came on but nothing else seems to work. I can't turn it on, open it or get any of the buttons on the remote to work.

At least I have my laptop and my PlayStation 2 as backups. I don't have to stick with my library AV room ban!

No comments: