Saturday, September 5, 2009

Fresh Eyes

I made chocolate chip cookies for the block party tonight. This is the first time all of these relative strangers have had my baking so I was anxious to hear what, if anything, people would say. I sometimes feel like my reputation precedes me when I make cookies or cakes and that people compliment me before they taste anything. Or that people I know will tell me something is good whether it is or not.
Although now that I think about it, why wouldn't these people lie to me? The compliments seemed genuine, but there are a lot of theatrical people on my block so maybe I wouldn't know if they were lying. I've lost the abilty to tell whether the cookies are any good. I like them straight from the oven and less and less as the days pass. I've also been making them without wheat flour so they taste off to me. I should buy some wheat flour.

No comments: