Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Believe It or Don't

I've been cooking a lot in my time off, and I like to think I've gotten more efficient at actually preparing meals. Today was my first attempt to make a real dinner after working eight hours. I made meatloaf, mashed potatoes and a salad. I had all of the ingredients except crackers/breadcrumbs for the meatloaf, and I went to the grocery store with the intention of buying one of those and instant mashed potatoes to use up the milk in my fridge. I couldn't find the fake potatoes and real ones were on sale so I made the mashed potatoes from scratch. Dinner was done at a reasonable time so I might try doing it again sometime. I made enough for two dinners but I might have enough for a sandwich for Friday's lunch.

Side story
When I got home from the store, I noticed that the crackers I bought had a sell by date of September 19. I tasted one and it wasn't the best saltine I ever had, but I've eaten worse. I used it in the meatloaf anyway and it turned out fine. I did return the box to the store the next day, though.

No comments: