Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Water, Water Everywhere

I went water heater shopping today. Technically, I shopped yesterday since I comparison shopped online. I went to two big box stores and finally settled on the plumber who lives down the street who gave me a quote way back last December. His price today was surprisingly lower than his quote nine months ago.

In between shopping and the plumber coming over, I decided to clean my basement. I knew I wouldn't get the whole thing done, but I accomplished my goal of sweeping and shop vac-ing the first room. I don't think it's been cleaned like that since my sister and I cleared all the crap out of it when we moved in in 2001.

About a third of the floor got wet on Friday when the tank sprung its leak. Nearly all of it dried by yesterday. Somehow, when the plumber moved and drained it today a lot of the remaining water spilled out onto the floor and not into the basement drain. Close to half of the floor got wet so the dehumidifier is going to be working overtime for at least another few days. I won't know whether I have to clean the floor again until it dries.

Oh, and while I was cleaning I found one dollar in change. How weird is it that I found exactly $1 (three quarters, two dimes and five pennies). Most of it was under the dryer. I wonder if it fell out of clothes that were drying?

No comments: