Sunday, September 20, 2009

Bejeweled

I've decided that I need to wear more jewelry. I wear earrings almost every time I step out of the house, but I don't wear rings or necklaces that often. I almost never wear bracelets or pins.

I think part of the problem is that I don't have a great system for my jewelry. I have no fewer than eight boxes to store my wares. My rings have their own (1) box made especially for rings. I have a little (2) box for hoop earrings, which I'm terrible about remembering to use -- the hoops hang out on my bedside table and bathroom windowsill a lot. I have a quilted pink (3) box for the other earrings that has no rhyme or reason.

A slightly larger quilted pink (4) box holds my necklaces. It's a terrible place to store them. I have some other necklaces in my childhood jewelry (5) box and my Joy Mangano roly kit jewelry storage system. Both roly kit (6-7) boxes have an odd assortment of jewelry, really --watches, gumball machine rings, odd-shaped pieces, etc. I think the little one holds the few bracelets I own. My childhood box holds old jewelry, broken jewelry and stuff I don't wear but can't bear to throw out. I have a (8) box devoted almost exclusively to brooches and pins.

I might get a big box to hold it all. I have a feeling I'd still use at least one of these old boxes. If my jewelry was well-organized would I wear it more often?

No comments: