Saturday, August 29, 2009

HD Horror

I was watching tv today without my TiVo. I don't do that too often, but to see my HD channels in true HD I have to watch the live feed from the cable box to the tv. There is really a discernible difference between the non-HD and the HD channels. Recently, I've been trying to watch shows that are in 1080i resolution live or on my cable company's "On Demand" channels. Some shows that are broadcast in 1080i are of a lesser quality on demand. But for the most part, they still look better than the TiVo quality so it's worth the time and/or wait.
HD can be a little scary sometimes, like when there are close-ups of people's faces. The food network might want to invest in some better makeup since they love to show close-ups. The food looks great but the show hosts look horrible.

No comments: