Friday, August 28, 2009

Can You Stand The Rain?

I had to get up early today to take my car into the shop for two reasons: one of my headlights was burned out and the underpan, also known as a splash guard, was damaged beyond repair. They changed the light bulb and ordered the part.
The underpan is just a big piece of plastic that sits under the engine. I first learned of its existence years ago when it fell off and one of the guys who was painting my house at the time reattached it with twist-ties since I didn't have the right size screws. My shop reattached it soon after, and I didn't think about it again until it started falling apart on my way to Marblehead. The underpan sagged for about a week before it cracked last Saturday and scraped the ground as I drove. The whole thing's been removed now, but I'll feel better when the new one is attached and my engine isn't exposed.

No comments: