Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Deep-Fried Goodies Part II

I went to Melt today and ordered a sandwich I've had my eye on since it was recently added to the menu. The Big Popper is filled with the ingredients of jalapeƱo poppers but not really. It has herb cream cheese, cheddar cheese, fresh jalapeƱos and the whole thing is beer battered and fried. It's topped with a sprinkle of powdered sugar and served with a side of mixed berry preserves. The sandwich is graciously cut in three for easier eating. Of course it comes with fries and the weird (and I think inedible) slaw.

The ends of the sandwich are better than the middle since the ratio of peppers to bread/fried breading is lower at the crust. I was shocked to discover the dipping sauce actually made the sandwich better since it is very sweet. It was so good.

I've been meaning to write a proper review of Melt on my main blog, but I never bring my camera when I go. Also, I usually order the sandwich of the month and that would make an odd review to rave about a sandwich that you can't order on a regular basis.

No comments: