Sunday, May 17, 2009

Food Denied

I went to dinner at an Italian restaurant that is not a chain and shall rename nameless because meals there are usually very delicious and enjoyable. I learned yesterday that the mom and pop nature of the business makes for bad dining when the ma is missing.

The menu board outside of the restaurant listed Spinach Fettuccine Alfredo as one of the specials. I asked the waitress if that meant spinach noodles with alfredo sauce and she said "yes, the noodles were homemade and are very fresh." I eagerly ordered it.

Minutes later, she returned to say that they were out of the special. At 6 PM? When they're open until 9 PM? And the place was pretty empty? I couldn't help but wonder whether they threw them out because they were inedible.

I got a calzone instead.

No comments: