Wednesday, May 27, 2009

All Systems Normal

I lost about 1000 songs on my iTunes earlier this month when I opened the program and an error message said the files were damaged. Yesterday, I tried connecting my iPod, which still had all the songs, and synching the two but that only transferred the purchased songs to iTunes and erased the other 900+ songs from the iPod.

I thought about reloading the songs from CDs but that seemed like a lot of work. And I wasn't exactly sure which songs were and which songs weren't still there. I checked my computer folders and found the song files. I was able to get one missing song to play and save so I imported the whole folder into iTunes. Other than creating duplicates of the songs that transferred from my iPod, it worked! I'm not sure what happened, but I'm glad I was able to fix it.

No comments: