Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Caulk Blocking

My "new" windows are a little over five years old. They are armor glass, which blocks outside noise. It also keeps the cold out in winter and the heat out in summer. It's great stuff, but what really sold me on these particular windows was the lifetime guarantee that included maintenance.

A service technician came out yesterday to replace a screen that was scratched by Nigel last summer. The damage was really my fault because I shouldn't have left the window all the way open after dark. I'm sure there was a skunk, bunny or other cat outside attracting his attention. The screen previously withstood his claws, but he must have been really aggressive because he made holes big enough for bugs to get through.

While the tech was here, I asked him to look at the caulking around the windows. He replaced the damaged caulk on the outside and even filled in the gap on the inside of the large picture window that's been there since the guy who refurbished my woodwork ran out of caulk.

No comments: