Monday, July 20, 2009

With Love

I finally setup the printer/scanner/fax that I got for Christmas so that it would work with my laptop. Here is the first photo I scanned. It's of my 10th birthday cake that I made for myself. I think my mom and sisters might have helped make the cake. My mom definitely turned on the oven because I never did that. The stove at our old house was the type where you first turned on the gas and then lit the pilot(?) with a match.

If I remember correctly, it was Special Birthday Cake with pudding frosting. The swirls were supposed to be lavender or purple, but the color came out grayish. The "top" of the cake (the elevated circle inside of the candles) was made in an easy bake oven pan.

It's a terrible photo of an ugly cake. I bake delicious cakes, but I'm still not much of a decorator.


No comments: