Friday, July 10, 2009

Nearly Paperless

I finally gave up on thinking I could read the newspaper everyday so I cancelled all but Sundays. And Wednesdays since they're free.

The day after I changed my subscription, I got a call from one of the newspaper's telemarketers. He spoke very fast and said that I could get a discount on seven day a week delivery, and he just had to confirm my address.

Telemarketer: Are you still at ____ Road?
Me: Yes.
TM: Okay, thank you. Goodbye.
Me: Wait, why did you want to confirm my address? To give me a discount?
TM: Yes. $3.50 for daily delivery.
Me: I'm not interested in daily delivery, in fact, I just cancelled daily delivery. Maybe your records haven't been changed.
TM: My records show you have a Sundays and Wednesdays subscription.
Me: I just changed it yesterday from daily delivery. I don't want daily delivery so that's why I changed it. Yesterday.
TM: Okay, thank you. Goodbye.
Me: Wait, so you didn't change my subscription?
TM: That's correct.
Me: Good. Thank you.
*click*

No comments: