Sunday, July 5, 2009

Big Thing

I don't mind talking about my baking experiments, but I hate when something fails. Usually, I know the reason something doesn't work, but the ones I expect to turn out that don't bother me.

I made some blonde brownies or blondies the other day that seemed to bake and rise, but then mysteriously started bubbling like a lasagna. I took them out of the oven and as they cooled they lost all of their puffiness. The middle looked right, but the edges were darker and gooier than they should have been. Two minutes before I took them out of the oven the edges looked right but the inside wasn't solid.

I kept them since they taste yummy, but I would never share them with others. I won't post a picture either.

The finished product is a little like pralines so maybe they over-baked?

No comments: