Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Speed Racer

I took my car in for an oil change this morning to a garage that has a Wednesday special. I had never been there before today.

As I was driving away my speedometer started bouncing up and down and finally landed on zero. I went back to the garage and told them what happened. Incredulous, they said the two problems weren't related.

Dee: So, you're saying it was just a coincidence?
Mechanic: Yeah. I hate coincidences.

I told the guy I was never coming back to which he replied that if I took my car to a dealership they would tell me the same thing. I told him I was superstitious enough to never come back in case another coincidence happened.

*Update* While driving home tonight my speedometer was working for about 10 minutes after which it fell to zero. About 20-30 minutes later, my check engine light came on and my odometer stopped working. I was about 10 minutes from home so I kept driving and made it home without further incident. I had planned to take my car into my regular shop on Monday, but I'll have to see if they can get me in sooner. I hope I don't have to start taking the bus!

No comments: