Friday, December 4, 2009

Office Space

I'm not sure why, but I have an easier time tackling a project if I can stretch it out over a period of time. I can't stand doing a long clean-up of any one room. My newest long-term project is my office. It's going to take forever. Here's why:
1) It's freezing in there. Even on warmer days it's cold since the entire east wall is full of drafty windows.
2) For every well-organized file there are about three unorganized ones.
3) I have a box lid (not the box, just the lid) full of various papers from college, work, etc.
4) I have a box of magazines and various other papers.
5) I have a box of job search related papers.
6) I have a box of office supplies and work files.
7) I have a box of stuff from my grandparents house from when I was a kid.
8) Everything that didn't have a place to go over the last 8 years got thrown in my office (or my closet, which might be my next long-term project.)
I try to spend 15-20 minutes in there every day, which is about all I can stand.

No comments: