Wednesday, December 2, 2009

At the Gym

I overheard two different conversations today on my first visit to the gym where I have a free three month membership. The first was about how this woman and her husband? (not sure because she just said "we") were going on a cruise to the Bahamas over Christmas. Not before or after but from the 21st to the 26th. The second was a woman who talked nonstop for about 10 minutes and whose topics ranged from hosting Thanksgiving for 35 to how her grandmother came to America from Hungary on the Carpathia to how [Mexicans] come to this country expecting free housing and other handouts. My favorite story was about how she told the younger generation (mine, from what I could extrapolate) that they had to help clean up after the Thanksgiving meal because they normally don't. Of course she only meant the women since, as she said, "I understand that the men want to watch football."

Needless to say, these women are my new BFFs.

No comments: