Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving Recap

Dinner yesterday was turkey, gravy, stuffing (two kinds!) mashed potatoes (garlic and plain), sweet potato casserole, green beans (plain and with almonds), cranberry sauce and rolls. Everything was homemade with the exception of the plain green beans. I was in charge of potatoes and cranberries. Dessert was red velvet cake, pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin pie and pumpkin roll. I had a hand in all of the desserts except the pumpkin roll. Oh, and we had some crudités and spinach dip while dinner was being finished. There was plenty of beer, wine and assorted other beverages, too.

To my surprise, the most popular dessert was the cake, followed by the cheesecake. Personally, I had the other two desserts. The pie because I wanted to see how the from-scratch crust held up (pretty well) and the roll because I love 'em.

I took home a little of everything except the desserts. As I was eating some leftovers today, I was amazed at how little I could eat at one time. I had no trouble packing in all of the side dishes on Thursday, but today I could only eat about two at a time! I guess that's part of the magic of the holiday.

No comments: